Further information

Further information

Here is a list of links for some organisations included
on this website, plus other useful contacts.

The British Council

The British Council provides information on studying in the UK.
Their booklet ‘Studying and Living in Britain’ is helpful.
web: www.britishcouncil.org
or email: general.enquiries@britishcouncil.org


UKCOSA – The Council for International Education offers advice
to international students.  There are many useful documents on their
web: www.ukcosa.org.uk

Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB)

CAB offers advice (not only to students) on many issues, including
legal matters, debt and employment.  You need to visit your local
office if you want advice.  Find out where your local office is by
looking in a local telephone directory or by searching the directory
on their website.
web: www.citizensadvice.org.uk


HOST gives international students the opportunity to spend a weekend
in a British home.
web: www.hostuk.org
or email: info@hostuk.org

The Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR)

RADAR gives help and advice to disabled people.
web: www.radar.org.uk
or email: radar@radar.org.uk

The Samaritans

The Samaritans gives emotional support to anyone feeling distress
or despair.  This is a well-respected organisation that runs a confidential
service, open 24 hours every day.
web: www.samaritans.org
or email jo@samaritans.org
or telephone 08457 90 90 90

Images: www.freeimages.co.uk